Adapt How You Lead for Agile Success with Johanna Rothman
Modern Management: Adapt how you lead for Agile Success
Agile approaches have downplayed the role of management. Too many people say, “We don’t need no stinkin’ managers.” On the contrary. We need managers to create and refine the agile culture and create leadership capability across the organization. Without modern management, any agile transformation dies a quick and ugly death. Instead, it’s time to invite managers to change their behaviors to transform to an agile culture. Learn to see and create management excellence for your agile culture.
1. See the myths that prevent management from achieving leadership excellence and agility.
2. Learn the 7 principles that create leadership (as opposed to management).
3. Consider several actions to bypass these myths.
4. Choose which of your management behaviors to change, to serve the agile team or organization.
5. Consider options to invite your or your manager’s thinking patterns to change.
Johanna is an author, consultant and speaker; expert in managing high technology product development. Her books can be found on the usual platforms (and https://www.jrothman.com/books/) and titles include;
“From Chaos to Successfully Distributed Agile Teams”
“Hiring Geeks that Fit”
“Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic approaches to estimating cost or schedule”
In her bio she describes herself;
…people know me as the “Pragmatic Manager.” I provide frank advice–often with a little humor–for your tough problems. I suggest you think about your context because your circumstances are unique. I help leaders and managers do reasonable things that work. I write an email newsletter, the Pragmatic Manager, and two blogs on jrothman.com, and a personal blog on createadaptablelife.com with its own newsletter.