Are you facing these challenges?
- Teams overwhelmed by too much work in progress
- Conflicting priorities or prioritisation by whoever shouts loudest
- Blockers and drag factors impeding team productivity
- Lack of visibility for both internal and external stakeholders
- Unpredictable delivery resulting in missed or late deadlines
- Teams under-estimating or over-estimating work
- Low team morale due to burden of estimation
- Lack of, or vague visibility of progress
- How much will it cost? How long will it take?
- Late delivery of projects and frustrated expectations
The Lean Agile Boot Camp tackles these issues providing you with practical take aways helping you to improve quality and deliver faster.
Lean Agile Boot Camp – instructor-led (live virtual)
2 days from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Price: £795 + vat
What are people saying?
“The section on estimation I think had the most practical advice for me. I would say it’s lots of fun. You will have a chance to bounce ideas off lots of smart people to help you learn & solve problems.”
– Shop Direct
“Prior to attending the workshop, I was worried I wouldn’t learn anything or get anything out of it. How wrong I was!!! The day was really interactive and collaborative with many practical takeaways. You can really learn from this workshop.”
“I thought the workshop might be too focused but not true. Applicable to all software development. The explanation of story estimation, accuracy vs precision will be very helpful in my work. Don’t expect all the answers but will provide solid tools to help navigate problems with delivery.”
Lean Agile Boot Camp is packed with Kanban techniques and Agile practices. This one day workshop will enable you to improve productivity and quality. The workshop appeals to all experience levels, from novice to experienced. It’s full of practical, pragmatic, takeaways.
- Agile Foundations
- Roles, Responsibilities, Behaviours, team/org structure
- Delivery Principles
- Workplace Visualisation
- Kanban Essentials
- Agile Project Management
- Goodbye Gantt charts, hello adaptive planning
- Going beyond Scrum
- Feedback loops
- Agile Estimation & Planning
- Key Agile Metrics
- Kanban style daily stand-ups
- Data driven retrospectives
- Technical Practices (for non-technical folk)
- Agile planning without Story points
- Burn-up vs burn-down charts
- Sprint planning vs Sprintless planning
- Accurate forecasting with fixed deadline and fixed budget
- Lean progress reporting using Infographics
- Agile & Lean practices for distributed teams
Everyone involved in software development should learn these powerful techniques and behaviours. You will learn techniques and practices, enabling you to tackle your biggest challenges. We simplify complex concepts such as estimation, planning, and work management.
This session is packed full of tricks and tips discovered from years of experience helping teams to deliver better software.
Who we've helped
What about certification?
We strongly believe in having flexibility in our approach to delivering real world training, that drives value and gets results. Our workshops are accredited by Solutioneers, meaning we are free to select the best practices from a broad range of methods to deliver unique learning experiences.
Our trainers engage every day in a coaching capacity with teams across a range of industry sectors and markets meaning our clients benefit from:
- the latest software development techniques
- the best Lean and Agile methodologies and practices.
- building ‘best in class’ in-house capabilities.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Meet your trainer
Brickell Key Award winner Ian Carroll is a consultant, coach, and speaker on all topics related to Lean, Kanban and Agile software development. Using his 25 years of hands-on experience he helps teams transform their ways of working using Kanban and other Lean and Agile techniques to lower costs while increasing their ability to respond to changing market demands and outperform competitors. Ian has trained and coached hundreds of software development teams in Agile, Lean, and Kanban techniques.