Are you facing these challenges?
- Teams creating stories too early or too late
- Stories created with too little or too much detail
- Rework due to poor requirements, stories, and understanding
- Too much time spent on inaccurate estimation
- Stories too big and no way to break down
- Conflicting priorities or prioritisation by whoever shouts loudest
- Lack of visibility for both internal and external stakeholders
- Are we delivering the right thing?
- Stories are too big and teams struggle to split stories
The Create Better User Stories workshop tackles these issues providing you with practical takeaways enabling you to create great user stories.
Create Better User Stories – instructor-led (live virtual)
Price: £995 + vat
What are people saying?
“I liked the opportunity for open, safe, discussion and hearing about other people’s experiences. It was a really helpful day and I believe will help our squad perform more due to testing in a better, lighter way.”
“Being new to software development I wasn’t sure I would be able to contribute, but actually felt I was able to. It’s a great way to interact with likeminded people who can help each other to problem solve issues.”
“Open format for everyone to contribute. Great place to meet like minded people who will challenge the way you think.”
– Co-Op Digital
In this hands-on user story creation workshop all participants will learn how to create better user stories with development teams. We demystify the whole subject area and provide you with some extremely powerful techniques to simplify requirements management. This is not just a session for Business Analysts.
- Day to day interactions between team members
- Typical duties carried out by each member of the team
- Writing better User Stories
- What to include?
- What not to include?
- What’s the right level of detail?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Techniques for breaking down stories
- Requirements hierarchy – Epics->Stories->Tasks
- Up-front epic breakdown vs just-in-time breakdown
- Backlog Grooming and Management
- Rapid prototyping
- At what point do you capture the detail?
- Story mapping
- Writing better acceptance criteria
- Sizing and estimation of stories
- Minimal Viable Product
- How much up-front requirements work should we do?
- Running an Inception/Discovery
- Techniques for testing assumptions and hypothesis
Everyone involved in software development should learn these powerful techniques and behaviours. On this one day workshop you’ll learn the best techniques and practices, taken from a broad range of Agile methodologies, needed to create better Agile User Stories.
This session is packed full of tricks and tips discovered from years of experience helping teams to deliver better software.
Who we've helped
What about certification?
We strongly believe in having flexibility in our approach to delivering real world training, that drives value and gets results. Our workshops are accredited by Solutioneers, meaning we are free to select the best practices from a broad range of methods to deliver unique learning experiences.
Our trainers engage every day in a coaching capacity with teams across a range of industry sectors and markets meaning our clients benefit from:
- the latest software development techniques
- the best Lean and Agile methodologies and practices.
- building ‘best in class’ in-house capabilities.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Meet your trainer
Brickell Key Award winner Ian Carroll is a consultant, coach, and speaker on all topics related to Lean, Kanban and Agile software development. Using his 25 years of hands-on experience he helps teams transform their ways of working using Kanban and other Lean and Agile techniques to lower costs while increasing their ability to respond to changing market demands and outperform competitors. Ian has trained and coached hundreds of software development teams in Agile, Lean, and Kanban techniques.