Do you want to scale your software development capability?
As organisations grow they hit challenges with scaling their software teams. In this workshop we take you through Kanban techniques to manage the flow of work across your organisation. Suitable for organisations scaling from a handful of teams to 10’s or even 100’s of teams.
Are you facing these challenges?
- Maintaining strategic alignment whilst scaling
- The more we scale the more complex our dependencies become
- The complexity and overhead of resource management increases as we scale
- Governance, Risk and Control is becoming a blocker as we scale
- The bigger we get the longer it takes to get anything done
- We are unable to change direction quickly due to our size
- Balancing BAU with strategic work, planned vs unplanned work
The Portfolio Kanban workshop tackles these issues providing you with practical takeaways enabling you to scale your software development capabilities.
What are people saying?
“Great facilitation to enable interactions between participants. Really good to discuss different points of view. Really good format and good way to get new ideas and ways of thinking.”
“It was a very safe and relaxed atmosphere with open conversations. Hearing the challenges and experiences of others and learning new things. You will gain some great ideas and experiences to take back to your workplace.”
“Just wanted to thank you for delivering such a great workshop. Everyone left the day buzzing with new tools and techniques for writing better stories.”
This one day workshop will enable you to identify and resolve systemic issues across your entire organisation. The workshop appeals to all experience levels, from novice to experienced. It’s full of practical, pragmatic, takeaways enabling you to bring about real change within your organisation.
- What is portfolio Kanban?
- What problems are we trying to solve?
- The fundamentals of Portfolio Kanban
- Setting up a Portfolio Kanban System
- Portfolio Kanban in Action
- Operating Portfolio Kanban
- Operating Portfolio Kanban
- Governance, Risk and Controls
Everyone involved in software development should learn these powerful techniques and behaviours. On this one day workshop you’ll learn the best techniques and practices, taken from over 6 years real-world experience of implementing Portfolio Kanban.
This session is packed full of tricks and tips discovered from years of experience helping teams to deliver great software.
Who we've helped
What about certification?
We strongly believe in having flexibility in our approach to delivering real world training, that gets results. As such, our courses are not formally accredited, meaning we are free to select the best practices from a broad range of methods to deliver unique learning experiences. All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Meet your trainer
Brickell Key Award winner Ian Carroll is a consultant, coach, and speaker on all topics related to Lean, Kanban and Agile software development. Using his 25 years of hands-on experience he helps teams transform their ways of working using Kanban and other Lean and Agile techniques to lower costs while increasing their ability to respond to changing market demands and outperform competitors. Ian has trained and coached hundreds of software development teams in Agile, Lean, and Kanban techniques.