In this advanced Kanban course, we cover managing with Kanban day to day; Feedback loops; Operating at scale; Effective metrics. Gain the knowledge necessary for rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. Learn how to manage, optimize, scale and evolve it over time.
This course continues the Kanban University syllabus and upon completion you will receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) certification from Kanban University (KU).
This course is for people who currently use or have prior experience with a Kanban system, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
A prerequisite is to complete the 2-day Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) course. This is also known as Lean Kanban Foundation.
Upcoming Public Training Courses
Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP2)
March 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am – March 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
£980 early bird pricing £882
- Managing Evolutionary Change
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Feedback Loops and Continuous Learning
- Implementing and Scaling out Kanban
- Balancing Demand and Capability
- Optimizing Flow and Predictability
- Motivation for the Kanban method and the Kanban approach to change management
- Understanding Kanban systems, Proto Kanban, Scrumban
- Dealing with emotional resistance to introducing WIP limits
- Asymmetrical commitment
- Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Seeing Services
- Kanban values
- Kanban cadences
- Kanban at scale – seeing the enterprise as a network of services
- Understanding lead time and managing variability
- Managing evolutionary change
- Fitness for purpose
Who we've helped
What about certification?
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the Kanban University website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
Meet your trainers
Brickell Key Award winner Ian Carroll is a consultant, coach, and speaker on all topics related to Lean, Kanban and Agile software development. Using his 25 years of hands-on experience he helps teams transform their ways of working using Kanban and other Lean and Agile techniques to lower costs while increasing their ability to respond to changing market demands and outperform competitors. Ian has trained and coached hundreds of software development teams in Agile, Lean, and Kanban techniques.
Matt is a highly experienced practitioner, manager and coach with expansive knowledge of Lean Agile, Kanban, ITIL/ITSM, Service Operations and Business Transformation with over 20 years experience. Matt has facilitated transformations that have resulted in huge cost savings, improved service outcomes, increased quality and reduced variability with sharp increases in satisfaction for staff and stakeholders alike. Matt has taken this experience and shared it to become an active contributor to the Agile ITSM/DevOps movement, occasional blogger, conference speaker and contributing author to VeriSM | Service Management for the Digital Age