Many teams we talk to are overwhelmed with too much work in progress, conflicting priorities, often facing unknown blockers and drag factors that impede the teams productivity. For most teams this leads to missed deadlines and late delivery of projects which impacts negatively on team morale and future productivity.
The Team Kanban Practitioner Course – is a one day course that will enable you and your teams to learn the core concepts of Kanban to accelerate your work and deliver more consistently as a team.
- Understand core concepts of the Kanban Method
- Learn the 3 Change Management Principles and the 6 General Practices of The Kanban Method.
- Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve flow
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board
- Learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk.
- Understanding the variety of Team Kanban board designs and styles
- Selecting the Team Kanban board design that is best suited for your context
- Understanding the value and benefits for each on the “alternative path to agility”
- Building a higher level of quality through the use of a Team Kanban
- How to run daily Kanban meetings
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
- Introduction and Survey
- Lean Kanban interactive simulation
- Using Kanban to address overburdening
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Overview of 7 Kanban Cadences
- Daily Stand-up Meeting
- Replenishment Meeting
- Board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Types of Risk
- Kanban board design exercise
- Preview of what’s next…
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Kanban within their organisation. For managers and team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current Kanban system. It will be helpful both to those new to Kanban and those who have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate their knowledge in a practical setting. Previous attendees have been in roles such as:
- Product Managers, Senior Managers, Team Leads, Heads of…
- Project and Programme Managers,
- Architects, Designers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers,
- Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters,
- Agile Coaches, Consultants and Change Agents
- Team members who follow Scrum, DSDM, Prince2 Agile, XP
- All roles in IT Operations, especially if you follow ITIL
- Other roles such as HR, Finance, Facilities Management, Legal, Marketing and Operations
Upcoming Public Training Courses
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
Who we've helped
What about certification?
This course has been accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU).
On successful completion, students will receive:
- the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential – recognized globally as the leading certifying body for Kanban professionals.
- A digital copy of the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We offer a 80% refund if you cancel your place no less than 15 working days before the date of the first day of the course.
For cancellations less than 15 working days from the date of the first day of the course we do not offer a refund. However, you will be offered the option of substitution, so you can transfer your place to a colleague. Substitutions will be accepted up to the start of the course.
Solutioneers reserve the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend. In these circumstances, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event with a full refund.
Please be advised that courses are subject to changes in date and/or venue. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable transportation and accommodations. Solutioneers will not be responsible for any incurred costs in the event that we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
Meet your trainers
Brickell Key Award winner Ian Carroll is a consultant, coach, and speaker on all topics related to Lean, Kanban and Agile software development. Using his 25 years of hands-on experience he helps teams transform their ways of working using Kanban and other Lean and Agile techniques to lower costs while increasing their ability to respond to changing market demands and outperform competitors. Ian has trained and coached hundreds of software development teams in Agile, Lean, and Kanban techniques.
Matt is a highly experienced practitioner, manager and coach with expansive knowledge of Lean Agile, Kanban, ITIL/ITSM, Service Operations and Business Transformation with over 20 years experience. Matt has facilitated transformations that have resulted in huge cost savings, improved service outcomes, increased quality and reduced variability with sharp increases in satisfaction for staff and stakeholders alike. Matt has taken this experience and shared it to become an active contributor to the Agile ITSM/DevOps movement, occasional blogger, conference speaker and contributing author to VeriSM | Service Management for the Digital Age